Committed to Supporting the Fishing Community
April 11, 2016
Fishing Tournaments and Events 2016
Lucky Strike has always been a proud supporter of anglers. Whether through our provision of great quality products or our involvement through events and sponsorships, we’re committed to the fishing community.
Events are a great way to get outdoors, spend quality time with family and friends, and try out some new lures. Events are also an opportunity to learn what’s popular among other anglers.
If you’re looking to get yourself, your children, other family, or your friends outdoors, be sure to consider some of the 2016 events below.
2016 Fishing Tournaments and Events in Ontario and the Great Lakes Region
- Learn to Fish ProgramOffered by the Ministry of Natural Resources, Lucky Strike is the exclusive fishing tackle sponsor of the Learn to Fish Program. This program introduces beginner anglers of all ages to fishing, offering education and even giving attendees the chance to make their own lure. If you’re interested in joining this great sport or have a friend or family member who is, the MNR Learn to Fish Program is a great place to start!
For more information, including locations and calendar, go to: https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-fish
- Ducks Unlimited Greenwing Fishing DerbyCelebrate the opening of Trout season by attending the Ducks Unlimited Greenwing Fishing Derby in Peterborough. Lucky Strike is a sponsor for this event, which takes place on April 30 2016 from 9am – 4pm and is open to anglers of all ages.
For more information about this event, visit: http://thekawarthas.ca/event/greenwing-fishing-derby/
- Tournament TrailLucky Strike also sponsors Tournament Trail, which is a US Great Lakes fishing circuit, these events tour to many locations in the United States Great Lakes Region and welcomes anglers of all types from novice to pros.
For information about these event dates and locations, visit: http://www.tournamenttrail.net
- Chantry Chinook Salmon DerbyFrom July 23 to August 7, 2016, the Chantry Chinook Salmon Derby will take place on Lake Huron. Lucky Strike is a proud sponsor of this event, which is the largest fishing derby on Lake Huron. This year’s event is sure to draw a great crowd and offer contestants a great experience.
To get more information about his great event, go to: http://22.214.171.124/Chantry/index.htm
- Owen Sound Salmon SpectacularLucky Strike sponsors this 10 day event in Owen Sound, which takes place from August 26 to September 4, 2016. Featuring onstage performers, food, attractions and of course great fishing for anglers of all ages and skill levels, this event is a great one for the family.
For more information, visit: https://www.owensound.ca/play/featured-events-and-festivals
- Great Ontario Salmon DerbyFrom July 2 to August 20, 2016, individuals and families will gather for the Great Ontario Salmon Derby. There are tons of prizes to be won, and good times to be had by all. Lucky Strike proudly sponsors this event, which gives Canadian anglers a chance to get outdoors and have fun year after year.
For more information, visit: http://www.greatontariosalmonderby.ca/info/
We hope you’ll get outdoors and have some great fishing experiences!